Before you proceed to setting up your PrestaShop e-commerce, please make sure you are fully prepared. Please check the following points:
To feel comfortable working with your PrestaShop template, we recommend you to download all required applications. You can see the list of required software on the template preview page. Requirements may vary depending on the template. We’re going to tell you in general what’s needed:
- You may need the Adobe Photoshop application. It is used to edit the .psd source files and is necessary, in case you want to change the template graphics and images.
- To edit the template source code files, you need some code editor like Adobe Dreamweaver, Notepad++, Sublime Text, etc.
- To upload files to the hosting server, you may need an FTP Manager like Total Commander, FileZilla, CuteFTP, etc.
Please make sure your hosting server meets the PrestaShop requirements:
- System: Unix, Linux or Windows. Unix is highly recommended.
- Web server: Apache Web server 1.3 or later, Microsoft’s IIS Web server 6.0 or later, and nginx 1.0 or later.
- PHP 5.4 or later.
- MySQL 5.5 or later.
- At least 128 Mb of RAM on your server (64 Mb is comfortable, the more the better).
PrestaShop will work with PHP 5.1 or later, but the versions lower than 5.4 have bugs which might prevent some functions from working as expected (like invalid date timezone).